Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Labour of Thought

My thoughts,
they turn back on themselves.

Yesterday this is what you thought,
they tell me.

And now
we're not so sure.

You were wrong,
you were right for the wrong reasons.

You were right
and you can't change your mind now.

How can one thought
have so many different voices?

_____________________________________

Maybe I owe these feelings to spring.
I hate how fickle humans can be.
Are.

I succumb to my own frivolities,
and then despise myself.
And yet before I succumbed
I despised myself
for not succumbing.

Shut up, shut up, shut up!

Trapped in humanity,
I want to be better,
but I do not will it.

And I do not want to will the want.

2 comments:

Grace Halliday said...

I LOVE YOU.



You are truly inspired.

Anonymous said...

I don't want to will a belief in a god or GOD for self interested prudence. BUT WHAT THEN!?

Scattered nonsense abounds. Yet your musings are coherent and neat. I dig, man. I dig.